Sofa covers are an important part of furniture protection. They can help extend the life of your sofa, protect it from spills and stains, and keep it looking good. However, if you don't store your Soderhamn sofa covers properly, or of any other brand and type, you're missing out on this opportunity to make them last longer.
In this article, we'll explore some techniques for how to properly store your covers so they last longer, and look better, than ever.
- Consider a Plastic Cover
If you're looking for a way to protect your sofa covers, consider a plastic cover. Plastic covers are easy to use and can be reused for years. They're not expensive, either.
Here's how it works: First, place the plastic cover over your sofa so that all sides are covered. Then zip up the zipper or velcro straps around each side of the couch (make sure no part of your couch is exposed). Finally, fold down any excess material around each leg until there isn't much left hanging over at all; this makes sure that no dirt gets inside through open areas in between legs when they're folded down later.
- Use Storage Bags to Protect Your Sofa Covers
If you're looking to store your sofa covers, there are a few options that can help. Storage bags are one of the best ways to protect your furniture from dust and debris, especially if it's going to be stored for some time.
- Wash Your Sofa Covers Regularly
Properly storing your sofa covers is the first step toward keeping them looking good. The next step is to wash them regularly, depending on how often you use them and what material they are made of. If you have a fabric-covered sofa, it's best to wash the slipcovers once every two weeks or so. You can do this by hand using warm water and a mild detergent (or one specifically formulated for washing upholstery).
If your couch is leather-upholstered, however, you'll need to take extra care when cleaning it because leather can be damaged if exposed too long under hot water or direct sunlight. In this case, it's best not to use any soap at all; instead, just wipe down with a damp cloth and let air dry until completely dry before putting away again.
You can make your sofa covers last longer by using the right storage techniques
- Use a plastic cover to protect your sofa covers from dust.
- Store your sofa covers in storage bags. This will help to keep them clean and prevent any damage that could occur if they were stored without protection.
- Wash your sofa covers regularly, as this will reduce the amount of time they need to be washed in between washes (and thus save money).
- Wash your sofa covers in cold water only, hot water sets stains.
- Air dry them after washing so they don't shrink. You can also use an electric clothes dryer on low heat settings if needed; just be careful not to overheat them or else they could shrink too much.
We hope you found this guide helpful. Whether you're storing your Soderhamn sofa covers, or else, for a few days or months at a time, knowing how to properly care for them will ensure they last as long as possible. If you have any questions about storing or caring for your sofa covers, please contact us!